IT's Fair time.
Ok. It's not really fair time but with being all cooped up with the #quarantine we are looking forward to the up and coming season.
As you know we travel through several states and attend even more great county fairs. During that time we have had a lot of #fairtimefun and many different opportunities to "sample" many different recipes and treats. So we thought that we would share a bit now that many are locked up at home needing something unique to do.
We all know that fried anything is a favorite at the fair and here you can bring in a favorite into your kitchen. Not only that but it is a double whammy as it is the Disney recipe. Here you go....
INGREDIENTS • 1 cup water
• 8 tablespoons butter
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
• 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 3 eggs
• 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
• ½ cup sugar
Directions: 1. Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
6. Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
7. Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
8. Drain churro bites on paper towel.
9. Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce
Remember this is best served while listening to country music while sitting in a lawn chair, surrounded by family. We at #dozersgames hope that you and yours are all safe during this time uncertain time and we look forward to seeing you all this fair season of 2020.
You can check out others fun food such as:
Almost Dole Whip
Almost State Fair Funnel Cakes.
Almost State Fair Corn Dogs.
Almost State Fair Fried Oreos
Almost State Fair Fried Pickels
Dale L Chaney